Feeling Autumnal? Don’t know what to do with all that pumpkin goo? Try this deliciously spooky recipe by Jade Ainsworth (jadegreenvegan.com)
Halloween is one of my favourite days of the year, so I am always super excited to drag it out and celebrate it in as many ways as possible. Since going vegan around 6 months ago I have become really passionate about creating new and exciting vegan recipes, so I decided to combine my love of Halloween and great vegan food in order to create the Halloween Pumpkin Smoothie.
What’s great about this recipe is that not only does it result in a yummy smoothie, but it also includes one of my all time favourite Halloween activities – pumpkin carving! When carving the pumpkins, I got way too into the halloween spirit and put my cat ears on which I bought today from New Look. Did I hear someone say crazy cat lady?!
Once you’ve finished carving your pumpkin, this yummy 2 layered smoothie is a great way to make use of the stringy innards of the pumpkin that normally get thrown away! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
1 cup pumpkin
2 table spoons maple syrup
1 cup water
1 /2 an apple
1 tea spoon cinnamon
1. For the first layer of the smoothie: place 2 bananas, the stringy innards of the pumpkin, 1 table spoon of maple syrup, 1/2 cup of water and 1 tea spoon of cinnamon into the blender and blend until smooth (this usually takes around 30 seconds in mine).
2. Pour into your smoothie jar and leave to stand.
3. For the second layer of the smoothie: place 1 banana, 1/2 an apple, 1 table spoon of maple syrup and 1/2 cup of water into the blender and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the second layer of smoothie on top of the first in your smoothie jar.
5. Enjoy your Halloween Pumpkin Smoothie!
Follow Jade on Instagram & Twitter @jadegreenvegan
Got a favourite seasonal veggie recipe? We’d love to hear from you! Tweet us @ExeterUniVeggieSoc